Sunday, June 15, 2014

Update

...
With only two spotty channels on the tv, I've begun taking advantage of my Prime membership. Over the past few days, I've been watching Doctor Who, one of my favorite shows from childhood. It's so nice to be able to see shows that I'd long missed.

Demeter and I have been taking long walks, at least a mile daily. It's good for us both, getting plenty of exercise and all that nonsense. She's doing well with our travels, but a loud diesel motor or a motorcycle will have her dragging me as fast as she can with her tail between her legs. We're working on it, but it's taking time. 

I've taught her the word "intersection". She stops, checks every direction, and awaits her command to cross. So far, so good. She's learning to ignore the many dogs we pass, most of them on short chains from the blurs I can make out of their movements. Only a few are in fenced yards, where they have freedom to play and run along the fence.

The robins have hatched, grown, and left the nest. I finally have my spider plant back, and it's responding to regular watering now that the nest is empty. Now, a pair of finches are building a nest in one of my ferns.

Running the ac already. It's in the eighties, which I adore, but it's incredibly muggy outside. My mistake was in having the doors open which really made the house steamy.

We received a lot of rain recently. We've really needed it here. With nearby lakes being low, our town has decided to not open the pool this year. It's a shame. Our summers are long and hot, and there is little here for children to do. School sports and the public library are the only things here in town for the under eighteen crowd. Hopefully, the rain we've just gotten will be just a start.

I've moved on, gotten over Hubby, let go of the pain and hurt. I awaken each day feeling more and more like my old self, the me that I was before things went so wrong. I look forward to life, and find happiness again in the little things. It took a lot of time and effort to get here, a lot of tears.  I came through the storm, and I survived......

He came up on Friday. Paperwork to be signed in front of a notary, lunch at a restaurant, and we sat on the porch. Chatted for an hour or so as we sipped pink lemonade and he repaired broken parts on my etrike. Tomorrow, he will return. Just one more paper for me to sign, and then, I'm single again.

I think that this will be the last post on this blog. It's the end of a portion of my life, and I'm ready to move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment