Friday, April 25, 2014

Another evening ramble

Thursday....
Back to pain pills after a welcome hiatus from them. The weather fronts in the area are taking their toll on me today. Only managed two miles on the treadmill. Even taking long breaks every half mile, the pain was too much.

Still, I puttered around the house, straightening things up. The windows were open once the thunderstorm passed. It felt like fresh air should, brisk and breezy.

My flowers arrived today. Some of the buds are opening, and the house smells so nice. They came with a large glass vase which will be put to good use in the future. I'm considering reordering them on a regular basis. Perhaps alternating them with another standing order of flowers.

The grocery store here in town sells cut flowers. The carnations are nice, lasting a couple of weeks, but they're not always available. I've also bought a dozen roses there on three different occasions. The roses wilt and look bad in under seventy two hours. I think ordering flowers online is best for the quality.

Friday....
Was in bed by eight o'clock last night. Took a pain pill near the end of watching Vampire Diaries, knowing once it kicks in that I'm too dizzy and off balance to do anything. Demeter made me get up with her around ten thirty, and again around midnight. Her bladder doesn't understand early bedtimes.

Saturday is my birthday. Today, I received a card from my best friend, and my red riding hood figurine arrived. I took a bike ride, only using the electric assist on hills, came home to make bacon sandwiches, and then took Demeter on a long walk. We ended up at Sonic, where I got a diet soda and Demeter got an ice cream cone. She turned it down flat, no interest whatsoever, so it went in the trash. She's never turned down ice cream before. I wonder if I should worry.

Just had a long talk with my adopted dad. I miss living near him, although we've not been neighbors since the eighties. Mostly, we've lived at least a thousand miles apart over the years. Thank goodness for phones and the internet. We can still stay close. He's eighty two, loves his baseball package on cable and mild winters. 

I bought a carrot cake. Tired of baking my own birthday cakes, I've been doing that all my life. Demeter and I shared a piece earlier. Guess she just wasn't in the ice cream mood after all.

Rearranging some of the artwork around the house. No particular reason for doing it, other than the house is clean and I'm in the mood to do something, but nothing I have to think about. Make sense? Puttering for puttering's sake.

Enough for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment