Saturday, April 12, 2014

Smiling

I'm so pleased with my new hairdresser. My hair looks great and feels wonderful. Back to being a redhead, the cut is perfect. Seems I won't need to go to the city for beauty. Yippee!

Been out and about recently. Rode the etrike to the store for flowers and bread. Only using the power assist when going up hills, the knee cries and I keep going through the pain. Took Demeter for a long walk. Got my hair done, bought a soda, etc.

Opened a couple of windows today. It felt so nice to feel breezes flowing through the house. Some windows don't open, others have no screens. It may take some work to unstick the windows which do not open. I think they're painted shut.

Did some weeding in the front garden today. The hyacinths, gladiolas, and ferns are up. I need to mow tomorrow before rain hits on Sunday and makes the grass too tall.

Some of the coleus plants in the plant starter are finally coming up. I'm anxious for them to be large enough to plant in the pots and gardens.

Somehow, I managed to burn part of my neck. I think that I grabbed something other than the moisturizer I usually put on it at night. I need to label beauty products more carefully. Unfortunately, it's not the first time I've done that.

Most of the living room carpet has been shampooed. Either tomorrow or Sunday, I plan to finish the living room and hit the dining room.

The carpet is so filthy. I vacuum at least twice weekly. I've raised the nap that was matted, and that revealed even more dirt. Hopefully, the carpet shampooer will make a big difference. 

More guys are hitting on me. I get stopped by them when I'm out, they follow me when I shop. Any excuse to talk, and to ask me out. All ages, from early twenties on up. One guy I've known since he was a kid, and is the same age as my youngest son (24), even sexted me. Kind of funny.

Anyway, I'm still married. Not looking for a date, relationship, or a playmate. But, my oh my, it's wonderful for my ego. Especially with me turning fifty three in a couple of weeks....

It tells me that even though I failed at this marriage, my love life isn't over. I'm still doing something right. Still me, not allowing the rough things of the past couple of years destroy me. I've come through the storm, and I'm standing tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment