Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday evening.....

Went to my first PowWow over the weekend. I loved every moment. It was so fascinating to see a different culture, and to learn traditions, thoughts and ideas. There was so much beauty in the way everyone got along, the way they danced, and the honor and respect in everything they did.

Mowed today, and as a result, did not exercise. Using a reel mower is a workout in itself. The yard is decent sized, and had to be mowed in sections. Taking breaks between each portion helped a lot.

I ordered my birthday gifts online today. A bouquet of lilies and a red riding hood figure. One should be here by Saturday, hopefully the other will also, but I don't expect it.

This is the first year I won't be celebrating at Festival Of The Arts in Okc. It's been a tradition for years to go, and I will miss it. I loved all of the artwork, the entertainers on the stage, and the food. The food alone was worth going...

I'm using solar lighting in some rooms of the house. With three rooms of the house having only one electrical outlet, and one without any, I have to find some way to provide extra lighting. I bought several outdoor solar lights. During the day I put them in an empty flower pot outdoors. In the evening, I bring them in and put them in vases in different rooms. It seems to work fairly well. They're not real bright, but work well as night lights. sure wish I had thought of doing it years ago. 

Most of the homes I've lived in during my life have been from the 1860's to 1950's, three were from the 1920's. This house is from the early 1920's. 
I love the old houses the most. They have charm and personality that newer ones don't have. Those are the houses which feel most like home to me.

This house has rapidly become home. It's far from perfect, and that's alright. It's cozy and comfortable, my possessions look as though they were always here. I'm liking the way it looks and feels.

I'm comfortable with my choice to move back to this town. It's familiar, a small town similar to the one I grew up in. There is a strong sense of community. People are accepting of others, and are friendly. If you go down the street, or are shopping, folks stop and chat. It's nice, after being in the city, to be back in this place.

Enough for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment