Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday

A pair of Robins have built a nest in my spider plant on the front porch. I sneak out and water it when they're away from their little home. It will be lovely to have baby birds close enough to see from the windows. Adding to the fun, a pair each of Cardinals and Mockingbirds have set up housekeeping in the backyard.

The trees in my yard are leafing out. Shade will be wonderful this summer. My medications all require that I avoid sunlight. The trees will make it easier for me to enjoy the outdoors. They will also keep the house cooler this summer.

With warm temperatures, I'm feeling well. Haven't taken any pain pills in awhile, and don't miss them at all. The furnace is off, electric fireplace and space heaters have been packed away for the time being. Windows are open, and the breezes are airing out the house. The back door is open so that Demeter can run in and out.

Found a nightly beauty routine which works. Two nights of retinA on my face, followed by a night of aloe vera. My skin is younger looking, the only wrinkles show up when I grin, then disappear when I stop. I stick with retinA on my neck, chest and hands every third day, and use the aloe vera the other days. Lotion daily all over. I keep my supplies in a basket along with a manicure set, so I don't forget anything.

Dusting is the only thing left on today's list. I work clockwise around each room so I don't miss any spots. The bedroom carpets still need to be shampooed. The carpet is still mostly matted in those rooms. I wonder if shampooing first will make pulling up the nap easier. Perhaps I'll try in one of the bedrooms just to see. Found a carpet groomer online, kind of like a rake with small tines. Might be simpler than using the metal dog brush on the nap.

The final box has been unpacked. That only took ten weeks.... It means that this is now home. It's permanent, I do live here. My life is here. Leaving that box full and taped shut meant there was still hope of life with Hubby in Okc. Now, I knew there was no hope of change, but that box really meant something. 

As a result of unpacking that last box, the guest room is now finished. I'd purchased a queen size frame and an eight inch memory foam mattress. Not as comfortable as the fourteen inch one in my bedroom, but extremely close. Wish I had discovered those mattresses long ago, they are so nice to sleep on. The decor includes Mom's oil paintings of the ocean, Jack Vettriano prints of the seaside, and a pair of full size mirrors. There are bookcases, great grandma's settee, and some old glassware. It's a beautiful room, and I'm looking forward to having guests.

Having company will be great. I like entertaining, and hadn't done much during the last few years. Now, I'm finding I want to begin again. Whether it's house guests or friends over for a cookout, I like hosting. 

Shopping for a swimming pool. Eighteen feet is about the most my backyard will handle and still have some privacy. Definitely an above ground, easy setup, needs a privacy screen of some sort.

I've planted morning and evening glories in huge pots along the street side of the fence. That will be a nice view blocker. I look forward to the sights and scents of the flowers covering the chain link fencing. Since five homes overlook my backyard, it will be nice to get in and out of the pool without being watched. I can't see the neighbors, just hear them, and I prefer they not see me in a swimsuit in my yard.

I want big planters around my patio furniture as well. It will feel like an outdoor room. Since I'll be spending a lot of time outside, I want to really enjoy it. I want to have a home that I love.

Enough for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment